The reason why chelsea player snubbed Nigeria(super eagles) for england - WELLPRESSBLOG

#news,events,entertainment,sports, business and gossip

Hot

Tuesday 8 October 2019

The reason why chelsea player snubbed Nigeria(super eagles) for england


Fikayo Tomori says he chose England because they were the first to invite him

- Fikayo Tomori has stated that he snubbed Nigeria because England invited him first - The Chelsea defender added that he has been waiting for a call up from these two nations - Tomori is expected to play for England in their coming games against Bulgaria and Czech Republic Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori has finally revealed the rationale that made him to choose England ahead of Nigeria which is the country of his parents.

Tomori has been impressive for the Blues this season in the Premier League, and his performances earned him a call up to the England national team. But before being called to play for England in the coming 2020 Euro qualifiers against Bulgaria and Czech Republic, the NFF were expecting Tomori to choose Nigeria.

The 21-year-old has now explained that he chose to play for England ahead of Nigeria because the Three Lions were the first to invite him to the national team.

He added that he would have also pick Nigeria or even Canada if these two nations had invited him as well.

“England is such a big nation, as well as Nigeria and Canada, so I think I was going to be happy with whoever called me up – but it’s nice it is England.

“It wasn’t England all the way. I had certain people and certain things that I had to consider. I spoke to my family and people that I care about it and that’s the decision I came to. So, when England came calling, it was difficult to say no.

“It was just more of a thing I was waiting for a call-up because the last international break I didn’t get a call-up from anyone. This international break, I was waiting for a call-up and England called me up,'' Tomori explained in an interview with GOAL.

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Nigeria are reportedly targeting 21-year-old Chelsea youngster Ike Ugbo after failing to convince striker Tammy Abraham to play for the Super Eagles.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) were left disappointed with the decision of Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham to pick England and snubbed his father's land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MGID